Roof repairs are vital to ensuring the longevity of any multi-dwelling roofing system, whether it’s shingle, metal, tile, or a flat roof.
How do I know that you are a State Certified Roofing Contractor?
You can verify most licenses online. Click here to view our licensing status directly from the website for Florida’s Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
Are you licensed to work in my County/City?
All counties or cities in Florida require an additional local license to conduct business within their boundaries. Most contractors must register with the governing body to legally conduct business and work on your home.
We are currently registered with most counties and cities because we are already established in the area. However, if we are not yet registered in your area, we are able to do so easily by providing proof of our State License and Insurance documents. If our registration expires in your area, we can easily renew our registration.
You should always verify that the contractors or service providers you hire are locally licensed in addition to the applicable state licenses they may already have.
When would my roof get started and how long will it take to complete?
Most roofs are completed in the order in which their contracts were signed. We will give you an estimated timeframe by which we expect to start your roof when you sign the contract. However, some things can delay the start or completion of your roof even after we sign a contract.
- If a deposit is not paid your roofing project could be delayed.
- A delay in obtaining a permit will delay the start of your roof. Unfortunately, we have no control over how quickly a permitting department processes the application for a permit.
- A delay in an inspection will cause a delay in your roof. Some counties are behind on their inspection schedules. If we know of this ahead of time we will try to keep you informed of how this will affect your job.
- Sometimes there are delays in obtaining the material your job requires.
- A delay in another roof could cause a delay in your roof. This is often unavoidable. However, we try to keep our clients informed of any foreseeable delays like this.
- During the rainy season, we may delay starting your roof in an effort to minimize the risk of having an open roof in our Florida downpours. Rest assured, however, as soon as we tear off the roof we dry it in to help prevent water penetration. We appreciate your patience and understanding that Florida weather can be unpredictable. We will always do our best to take Florida’s special weather patterns into consideration when beginning to work on your roof and provide 24 hour availability should any issues arise while we are not on site.
What if I live out of the area for my local roofing project?
We have many clients that don’t actually live in the area where their roofing project is located. We work with those special clients and are able to provide comforts such as photos of the ongoing progress to satisfy your concerns. We understand it’s hard to oversee a project when you are based out of the area. With Douglass Restoration, Inc. you can be confident that our exceptional communication and quality work will mean a job well done. We will keep you informed every step of the way.